Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RESPECT

Thanks to one of my favorites, sweet DT in SC: Jolanda for giving out this challenge.
Here's my take for RESPECT challenge.
I do respect my father-in-law so much. During his lifetime, he taught me a lot to love people, have compassion, loving nature and wisdom. This one is a tribute for the day he passed away, almost a year ago. The loss, we know that's something we will not be able to replace with someone else. He is forever missed, yet forever in our hearts. 
Thanks for your wonderful challenge, Jolanda. It reminds me of the people I respect most in life. One of them is my-father-in-law.
 I made the flowers using recycled paper and stamped it using clear stamp and Tim Holtz's Distress Ink to create the vintage mood. 
I put some glitter on May , to show the month I created this page. I deliberately put the twig over the letter "t" to create overlaping and more dimension to the page.
I swirl the papers after cutting it using a cutter. I embossed the sides using SEI stamp, cappucino color. You can get it in http://www.shopsei.com/. It is quite cheap and good quality.
The photo I embossed using Distress Ink as well to create the same old look as the vintage paper.
The chipboard letters, I embossed using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Walnut to create similar colors to the paper background. I use Webster Pages Nature's Storybook Collection.
For Indonesian scrapbooker friends, I bought it from online store in Surabaya, you can check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/tkertas.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for playing !
    This is such a pretty L/O!!
    And your story is so sweet!!
    Have a nice day!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jolanda. :) I was happy playing along.

    ReplyDelete