Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Handmade Flower Tutorial Using Recycled Paper

Hello, there! I am very excited to share one of my favorite vintage flower tutorial.
To make this gorgeous flower, here's the close up of the paper I use below. 
There are various types and colors of recycled paper, and I used the one with  light color, so I can see the stamp patterns clearly on it. I love using this kind of paper since it is easy to find in any bookstore, you don't need to go to a scrapbooking store. Moreover, it helps the world to be a greener planet!
Tips: Pick the paper which is not too heavy, since later need to be crumpled to create the blooming effects.
First, I stamped the paper using clear stamp from Inkadinkado: Birds Galore. The chalk ink block I used is from SEI: cocoa. I stamped the paper all over.
Using 5 sizes pattern of six-flower-petal patterns, cut the stamped papers.
Then gently crumpled the flowers.
Stamp the edges using chalk box ink.
Put the flowers on the top of one another using double tape. Overlap according to the size. The biggest is at the bottom, the smallest at the top.
I store the vintage recycled flowers in a used chocolate candy tin.
Happy making!

4 comments:

  1. These are flowers are fantastic! Really cool..

    Thanks for popping in at my blog and for becoming a follower...so sweet of you. :)

    Have a fab week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are stunning! Just letting you know that your layout is featured on my blog at last :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, I have paper that I've been looking for ideas to reuse it, this might work well, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments, Geri.
      Hope you will having a great time making it :)

      Delete